- Who are the Palestinians, and what do they want?
- Which are terrorist groups based in the Middle East?
- Who harbors them?
- Does Israel have legitimate rights to the land?
- Are the settlements an obstacle to peace?
- What was Oslo?
- Where did the conflict start?
Dr. Yitschak Ben Gad, a former Israeli consul general, is an expert on the Arab-Israeli conflict and has a rare gift for imparting the key elements of that struggle to a mass audience. This book follows a question-and-answer format, in which the author picks out events, people, and concepts that have shaped the Middle East, and explains a highly complex issue. Various sections present the reader with an excellent grasp of the most important issue of our time.