Prophecy in the News:

Austin ‘Serial Bombing’ Suspect Killed Self with Bomb as Police Approached

Austin ‘Serial Bombing’ Suspect Killed Self with Bomb as Police Approached

Austin police announced that the man described by police as a “serial bomber” is now dead. The suspected bomber reportedly blew himself up with a bomb as police approached. Investigators identified the suspect as a 24-year-old white male.

The self-inflicted death of the suspect brings a three-week terror campaign of bombings to a close. The five exploded bombs left two people dead and five injured.

UPDATE 7:05 a.m.: The scene where the Austin serial bomber killed himself is located less than ten miles from the scene of the original March 2 bombing that killed 39-year-old Anthony Stephan House

UPDATE 7:00 a.m.: Texas Governor Greg Abbott tweeted a congratulatory note to law enforcement authorities following the death of the suspect.

KVUE reports police are inside the deceased suspected bomber’s home and are conducting a search for additional evidence. Investigators are also reported to be talking with the suspect’s parents.

UPDATE 6:40 a.m.: Police warn people in Austin and the surrounding communities to maintain vigilance as they do not know where the suspect has been for the past 24 hours. Investigators found the suspect in Round Rock which is located just north of Austin.

UPDATE 6:35 a.m.: Media outlets in Austin are reporting they know who the suspect was and where he lived but they have not yet released the information.

UPDATE 5:50 a.m.: The Austin American-Statesman reported via KVUE that the suspect wore a disguise, including a wig, when he entered the FedEx store in Sunset Valley where he shipped two explosive devices. In the video surveillance released by investigators, the suspect can also be seen wearing gloves.

 UPDATE 5:45 a.m.: President Donald Trump tweeted a congratulatory message to the law enforcement investigators involved in the Austin serial bombing investigation.

UPDATE 5:35 a.m.: Austin Interim Police Chief Brian Manley asked the community to remain vigilant and look out for each other. “We don’t know where this suspect has spent his last 24 hours and therefore we still need to remain vigilant to ensure that no other packages or devices have been left in the community.” The chief asked people in the surrounding communities to remain vigilant as well. This announcement came after locating the suspect in Round Rock, a few miles north of Austin.

Police are waiting for daylight to continue searching the vicinity of the bomb blast that killed the suspect. The delay is to ensure the safety of the investigators and to make certain they can preserve evidence at the scene.

Chief Manley tweeted his thanks to the law enforcement team that successfully brought the bombing campaign to a close.

UPDATE 5:15 a.m.:  Chief Manley announced the death the bombing suspect. The man blew himself up with his own device after police made contact with his vehicle. One officer was injured in the explosion. Manley described the bomber as a 24-year-old white male. He did not provide any additional information about the suspect or his motivation for the bombing campaign that left two people dead, five people wounded, and a community terrorized. 

Manley said they found the vehicle that had previously been described to police by witnesses. Investigators found the vehicle in the parking lot of a Red Roof Inn in Round Rock, Texas, just north of Austin. 

“We had multiple officers from both the police department and our federal partners that took up positions around the hotel awaiting the arrival of our tactical team,” Manley said describing the scene. “We wanted to have ballistic vehicles here so we could attempt to take this suspect into custody as safely as possible.”

The chief said the vehicle began to drive away while the officers were waiting.

Officers began following the suspect’s vehicle and the suspect stopped his car in a bar ditch. “As the SWAT team approached the vehicle,” the chief stated, “the suspect detonated a bomb inside the vehicle knocking one of our SWAT officers back. One of our SWAT officers fired at the suspect as well.”

“The suspect is deceased,” Manley stated, “and has significant injuries from a blast that occurred from detonating a bomb inside his vehicle.”

The chief said he could not release any information about the suspect’s identity pending formal identification by the medical examiner and notification of the suspect’s family.

Reported by: Bob Price – Breitbart

About the Author:

Prophecy in the News

Prophecy in the News